YouTube is a great social media platform that offers earning opportunities to people. As the internet prices slashed, many YouTube vloggers flourished. You can also earn handsome amount after knowing how YouTube helps in earning. Nowadays, when the world is suffering from COVID-19, people find YouTube a good source of entertainment. Even after staying at home many popular YouTubers are creating awesome content and are managing to earn well.
Know How YouTube Helps in Earning:
What makes YouTube Popular?
- Right from kids to elderly people, everyone can find something informative or entertaining at this platform.
- You don’t have to pay anything to watch the videos.
- You can publish the videos for free.
- Your videos get surprising views or likes if you provide engaging content to the audience.
- People can upload videos from different niches. There is audience for every type of niche at YouTube.
Conditions for Monetization:
- Basic requirement to qualify for monetization is to have minimum 4,000 hrs. watch time and minimum 1,000 subscribers.
- You must be 18 years or above in order to handle the transactions through AdSense account.
- For channel membership, your channel must have more than 30,000 subscribers.
- You must have more than 10,000 subscribers for having a merchandise shelf.
- You can also earn special YouTube Premium Revenue, if YouTube Premium subscribers watch your created content.
Main Sources of Income:
- Advertising Revenue: Do you see the ads or pop-ups when you just start the video? When the person clicks on these ads, the channel gets the revenue. There are different types of ads such as display ads, overlay ads and video ads.
- Channel Memberships: The creators can offer some perks to their subscribers. In exchange of these perks, the subscribers pay $4.99 per month. YouTube keeps a check on the advantages offered by the creators. Some examples of the custom perks can be shout-outs, access to live streaming, access to sale on tickets, and much more.
- Merchandise Shelf: The creators can launch their own merchandise brand or may collaborate with other brand and provide the purchase link in the description. It is an amazing monetization feature launched by YouTube that can be beneficial in generating revenue.
- Super Chats and Super Stickers: Fans of various creators pay them so that their comment gets highlighted in the chats and live video streaming.
Top 10 YouTuber with maximum number of subscribers:
- Carry Minati
- Amit Bhadana
- Ashish Chanchalani
- BB ki Vines
- Technical Guruji
- Sandeep Maheshwari
- Dr. Vivek Bindra
- Emiway Bantai
P.S. Number of subscribers may vary and so the results.
Some Tips to Get Traffic to Your YouTube Channel:
- Your thumbnail creates the first impression. You must make it ‘click-worthy’. You can customise and make it more attractive. Make it interesting but do not get into click-bait.
- Your description and title should be SEO-friendly. It must contain the relevant keywords so that your video comes in maximum and relevant search results.
- A creative and relevant background image must be there on your YouTube channel.
- You can select the recently uploaded video as ‘Featured’.
- Tags play a major role when it comes to search results. Take your time and do proper research to find the best tags for your video.
- Always reply to the comments and emphasize on connecting with your subscribers. If there are some spam comments, then do report them.
- You can make it convenient for your subscribers to find the right video by segregating them through playlists.
Things to consider while selecting your niche?
There are lakhs of people who want to have a YouTube channel. Some of them also upload videos for months and then they stop doing so when they don’t get views. Well, this is not right! You must be consistent when it comes to uploading the videos. If your content is interesting and engaging, one day the subscribers and views will increase.
Here your success depends on following things:
- You must select a niche that you are passionate about. To run a channel for long, it becomes imperative that the topic must be of your interest. You can put 100% effort only if you are passionate about something.
- It is essential that you have some knowledge in your chosen niche. You can’t provide wrong information to your fans.
- Know what the audience likes and can your content provide much value in this niche?
Some of the most profitable categories are beauty/fashion, gaming, food/cooking, fitness/health, unboxing/reviews, travel, pets, humor, entertainment and vlogging.
So, till now you must have understood that YouTube helps in earning. It has its reach all around the world. If you have great longing for creating nice and original content, then you must try creating your channel. Apart from this don’t forget to follow all the guidelines. Work hard and Earn well!