Office must be there for some purpose; otherwise everyone would be a freelancer! Started as a fun experience during pandemic, work from home has started showing the side effects. Apart from having a great list of advantages, there are many disadvantages of working from home too.
Have a Look at the Disadvantages of Working from Home:
- Reduced Social Interactions: There is a fun and interactive environment in office. You go to office, meet many people and make some amazing memories. At home, you are just sitting doing your work and there is no spirit of team work. There are lots of barriers of communication and that make life more stressful.
- Increased Health Problems: People working from home are not able to follow a proper routine. Sometimes they are working late in the night and then sleeping all the day. Laziness develops very fast while working at home. People can’t even find a proper sitting space at home and end up working at bed. This not only reduces the productivity but also encourages health issues. Wrong sitting posture always leads to spine and back problems.
- No Work-life Balance: It can be so irritating that you are not able to focus on one thing. At least in office you have some fixed working hours and after that you are free bird. You can just enjoy family time without any worries. While working from home there is no separation. At one time you are attending a meeting while the next minute you have to cook food.If any guest comes at home in daytime, you have to compensate at night. All these things make your mind messed up and your productivity decreases.
- Difficult to Keep Motivation High: Working alone can be really demotivating. When you are working in office environment, you can get help from others. Managing the things becomes easy. Everyone can co-ordinate with each other and the motivation levels remain high.
- No Facilities: At home, it is almost impossible to have a set up like office. Internet issues and technical issues in laptops remain prominent issues from employee’s side at home. These are genuine issues that cannot be denied and no one is at fault. If the company is providing all the resources, then it is great, otherwise it is difficult for people to cope up.
- No One takes you seriously: When you are working at home and need some space for yourself, your family members won’t understand the seriousness. They will always advice you to take rest without knowing the actually work load. It is also a possibility that they are playing Ludo or cards while you can just feel jealous and make presentation on a project.
So, these were certain disadvantage that a person can face while working from home. Though there are many positive aspects of work from home. But these points should also be highlighted.